Monday 14 January 2013

MUSIC IN MY GENES :: Abhay


This is my interview with Abhay jodhpurkhar, one who made us to feel heaven in his debut song "Moongil thottam" from Maniratnam's Kadal. Thanks to Abhay who accepted my request without any hesistation. Now i got musically tied with his song and personally addicted to his down to earth quality. Thanks to technology which helped to converse with Abhay via email who is miles away from my region. And here is Abhay's answers regarding his life before and after "Moongil thottam"::

                                                           
1. Tell me about your native, graduation. I read that you did your college in Chennai...

I am from Indore (MP),came to Chennai in 2009 for B.Tech in SRM University…Will be done with my degree within few months…Along with this, I had joined KMMC ( Rahman sir’s music school ) as part time.
I was spotted by Rahman sir during a Qawwali concert in KMMC. He then started calling me for recordings… So that’s how my musical journey started.

2. At what time you felt your connection with music?

I have always been passionate about music and have been listening to all kinds of Music…My family background is very musical so I was exposed to good music ever since my childhood… You can say that I have inherited Music in my genes...I have learned Hindustani Classical music, even though not regularly, during vacations and whenever I got free time from Academics.

3. How was your feeling when you had your dream debut by a legend like A.R.Rahman sir through a duet with HARINI mam?

It was truely a dream come true…to be launched by Rahman sir in A Mani Ratnam Sir’s film and to sing Vairamuthu Sir’s beautiful Lyrics that too in a duet with Harini Ma’m who is such a talented & experienced singer , is really huge honor for me…I feel blessed and Lucky to be a part of such dream team!

                                                        
4. What was your experience in working with Maniratnam sir? Did he gave you any notes or suggestions regarding song?

It was really an amazing experience. Mani sir helped me out with the exact pronunciation & diction of the Folk Slang…Harini mam also supported me a lot… After the recording he was very happy and said-“very good  singing Abhay”

                                                           
5. The lyrics of "Moongil thottam" was by a veteran poet Vairamuthu. And your diction did justice to the lyrics.. Did you made any home work for the song?

I have been listening to Tamil songs ever since I came  to Chennai… So in a way I was gradually getting the idea of diction by just imitating them, and I love the Tamil language so that’s how I got it…Vairamuthu Sir’s lyrics have inspired me so much and that’s how I could add soul to it.

6. How was Chennai concert experience? (Thai manne vanakkam of Rahman sir)

It was  the best lifetime achievement for me…to share stage with such legendary singer is really a huge opportunity and I thank Rahman sir for letting me be a little part of this concert… We all artists had a great time together and we became like a family during this concert.

                                           
7. Which is closer to your heart "Moongil thottam" or "Patsani thotta"?

Both are equally important to me… Moongil Thottam was recorded by Rahman Sir himself so it’s closest to my heart…and I could impart more depth in Patchani Thota so far as the feel is concerned because I got the hold of melody to little more extent as it was done later.

8. About your future songs or projects

You will soon come to know about them! It’s worth wait…let it be a Surprise!

9. You look charming. Hadn't you get offers to act as a hero?

( Laughter)  I can’t act! Music is my 1st priority and will always be,so no plans of acting!

10. Finally, Whats your pick from kadal other than "Moongil thottam"?

Elley Keechan...I just can't get over with this song no matter how many times I listen to it! It’s my favorite song in Kadal!

3 comments:

  1. kudddos ABHAY !!!!.....awesome interview ...looking frward ...fr more singing from you....Btw u can take an acting career as well ....we will love to see dat too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Moongil thottam is such a captivating song, i keep listening to the music everyday... u hav done a grt job abhay...Good luck to ur future ventures

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Abhay!! Awesome Work Man.. Lovin ur Voice.. Perfect Rendition.. luv ya.! :)

    ReplyDelete